Sunday 5 February 2012

Gabonese Cuisine


I like to travel and combine travelling with eating. There is very little I wont have a go at, nothing I wont try.
For instance Manioc and Bannana Frites took a bit of getting used to but now I can honestly say I like them.
The Gabonese have a french influence to their food, they have some of the best fishing in the world. Not much in the way of agriculture so much is imported from the rest of Africa and Europe. Bread here is really good although humidity gets to it straight away.
Below Linda is holding a 30kg Rouget. One of the Local chefs with a Wild boar. The ingredients here could be combined to make something more contemporary but you would have to work hard on it.
Attunga has a sour citron/avocado flavour to it. Manioc I have grown to like but has an awful texture, really springy. A lot of their bush meat such as Wild boar and Porcupine are now illegal but you can still find it in the provinces.  The Capitane and Gambas a really good and a local Crabe  farci is fantastic when fresh. There is a great selection of red wines here however my favourite beers in the world are brewed here  Castel and Regab. Reason enough to re-locate?


No comments:

Post a Comment